Dell Supplier Portal FAQ
Dell Supplier Portal FAQ - Table of Contents
Dell Supplier Portal - Supplier Guide
Dell and Perot Acquisition Questions
General Supplier Portal Questions
Contract related Questions
Dell and Perot Acquisition Questions
- Starting today, the joint Dell and Perot services teams will be known as Dell Services,
a new global business unit that will provide access to a best-in-class suite of intelligent,
end-to-end IT services and business solutions. This acquisition transforms Dell’s ability to provide
services and solutions that have expanded range and reach, and next-generation delivery.
Peter Altabef, formerly Perot Systems’ chief executive officer, will be taking the helm of
Dell Services as president reporting to Michael Dell, chairman and chief executive officer, Dell.
Under this new structure, please continue working directly with your pre-existing Dell or
Perot Systems contacts.
- Our focus remains the same: to provide great value to our customers
while balancing our financial goals of liquidity, profitability, growth. To this
end, anticipate that our business teams will be looking at how to leverage our new
combined capabilities to create increased opportunity. To the extent you have a
new opportunity you would like to pursue with us, please do not hesitate to follow
the normal channels and we will make sure it is addressed.
- Each of our suppliers who happen to have account representatives that
in the past called on Dell and Perot separately may want to consider whether or not it is
prudent to merge their account teams. Although this will depend more on your individual
portfolio with Dell, understand that our intent is to operate as a single global company.
- Initially the teams will operate as they always have but
will ultimately be a commodity based organization. Our procurement team will be
looking at our new spend volumes and combined supply base with a focus on ensuring
the “new” Dell remains advantaged from both a price and quality perspective.
Over time, as we integrate, we will standardize our purchasing processes and policies.
We will communicate these changes as they occur. You should also note that Dell will
soon require that all procurement efforts are supported by a Dell purchase order or
are executed by purchasing card.
- We are leveraging and enhancing our firewall activities to provide proper governance where needed.
- We will continue to operate as we have with respect to invoicing until our back office systems are integrated.
- We expect a smooth transition based on factors that include
our similar values and cultures as well as the fact that the two companies have been
strong alliance partners for the past two years. Employees from both companies already
know each other, which will facilitate the transition. In the meantime please
continue to work with us as you have.
- You can submit additional questions to
If your question is not related with the Perot Acquisition, please send it to our Dell GP contact mailbox.
Although we are working diligently to effect a speedy integration, a merger of this size will take time.
We ask that you exercise patience while we work through the process. We will certainly work
towards understanding the impact of our merger on your business by our
next scheduled quarterly review.
General Supplier Portal Questions
- The Dell Supplier Portal is a gateway to Dell Procurement, Accounts Payable and Contract operations.
Current and prospective suppliers of goods and services are given the chance to establish contact with Dell.
Suppliers should maintain and update their own company profile and contact information on the portal using online forms.
Data captured for a Supplier profile includes a company's complete name including its legal form, D-U-N-S® number,
telephone or fax numbers and web and e-mail addresses.
For suitable potential partners the Dell General Procurement team will complete an internal review and approval procedure
and may later invite them to a sourcing project or, if they are chosen to supply Dell, send them contracts to electronically sign.
The Dell Supplier Portal is an open communication channel between Dell business partners and vendors.
- At the present time the Dell Supplier Portal is open to the public Internet.
Anyone can register a user account and create a Profile for their company.
Both existing suppliers and potential suppliers who want to present their products and services to Dell can use the portal.
Every new supplier must enter their data in the Supplier Portal.
By filling in company details suppliers increase their chances of being invited into sourcing events by Dell General Procurement.
All the relevant supplier information from the Dell Supplier Portal is only available to Dell General Procurement and purchasing staff.
- Registering on the Dell Supplier portal does not cost anything.
- Only Dell General Procurement and relevant Dell purchasing staff can see your data.
Dell does not allow your data to be visible to everyone at Dell.
Only General Procurement employees and purchasing staff who have a specific need can see your company data.
- Dell General Procurement is a global team responsible for professional sourcing of non-production goods and services such as
External IT Services, Financial Services, Facilities equipment, Marketing services and Third party Software and Peripherals.
- Not necessarily. Dell General Procurement team will complete an internal review and approval procedure for suitable potential partners only.
Even if your company has been negotiating with another Dell department, Dell General Procurement has the right to approve or reject any award of business.
Registration does not guarantee business with Dell, but it shows your interest in doing business with Dell.
Because we receive a great number of registrations, you will not be contacted unless we can see a potential business opportunity.
- As mentioned earlier, registration in the Dell Supplier Portal doesn't warrant any business from Dell.
Dell will assess your capabilities internally before any decision for awarding business is taken.
Dell will contact you with appropriate information, only when any new business opportunity arises which matches your capabilities
and the perceived "fit" with Dell.
- This facility is currently launched for suppliers who provide non-production goods and services.
Being a production supplier, we would request you to forward your contact details and basic company information to a Dell contact for your region.
This team will forward your details to the appropriate production procurement teams, who will contact you with appropriate information,
if there are any new business opportunities.
- Yes please keep your data updated. Dell will use your data in our internal processes.
There are a few reasons why you need to keep your data always up to date.
To give a few examples, Dell’s Accounts Payables team might need to contact your Accounts Receivable (AR) in case of invoice discrepancies.
The purchasing team might need to contact you before issuing a purchase order.
The procurement team can invite your company to participate in sourcing events when new business opportunities arise.
- The Dell Supplier Portal cannot be used to transfer purchase orders or invoices between Dell and the supplier.
- As first step you will need to register your personal user account.
Please proceed to the "Create a new account" page and complete your user registration by filing in your email address, password and security question.
After completing this step you can login and proceed to create a Supplier Profile for your company.
One Supplier Profile can have multiple user accounts associated to it, but new users will only be associated with the company Supplier Profile if they are listed in the company contacts by an existing user.
Please provide the contact information for all users who should have access to your company account.
If someone from your company who is not already listed as a contact attempts to create an account, they will be asked to create a new Supplier Profile, which can be duplicative.
Every user associated with your Supplier Profile has the rights to see and edit your company profile.
- Login to the Dell Supplier Portal with your username and password (see Login Questions below). You will have the option to create a new supplier profile.
Please fill all required fields and complete your registration with the Save button on last page.
- Your password must be at least 7 characters long and must contain at least 1 special non-alphanumeric character.
- You can recover your password with the "Forgot your password?" page. Please provide your email address and answer the security question.
You will receive an email containing a randomly generated password. After logging in, please change your password as soon as possible.
- Please make sure the email address which you have used during registration is spelled accurately.
If you don't have access to this email anymore, please register a new email address with the Dell Supplier Portal.
A registered user from your company colleagues can add your new email address in the contacts section of your Supplier Profile.
Sometimes spam filters can catch legitimate email messages. If you are using a spam filter, try to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe contacts.
- At this moment it is not possible to change the security question and answer.
- After user registration is completed go to your email Inbox and locate the welcome message.
This email contains a link to the account activation page. Please make sure that the activation link is not broken apart on multiple lines by your email program.
If this happens then please copy the entire link excluding the line breaks and paste it into the browser's address bar.
- Dell Supplier portal does not support this feature at this moment. However for selected suppliers Dell can offer this service using the VIP tool.
- All existing Dell Suppliers have a company Supplier Profile already created in the Dell Supplier Portal.
However you still need to register a user account to be able to see and edit your company’s Supplier Profile. Also your user profile needs to be associated with that Supplier Profile.
If you can't see your company's Supplier Profile but you are sure that your company is already registered with Dell then please contact Dell for assistance.
- If you have question about the supplier registration process please use the following contacts or ask your business partner at Dell for assistance.
- If you are a supplier located in the Americas: GP_Supplier_Onboarding@dell.com
- If you are a supplier located in Asia, Pacific, Japan, Australia: APJ_GP_Ops@dell.com
- If you are located in Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) please contact your business partner in Dell.
- If you have a technical issue with Dell Supplier Portal (example: unable to access or login issue, unable to accept contracts) please contact email@example.com
- Yes there is a timeout limit. You will have 60 minutes to complete your company registration. This should give you enough time complete your company profile.
Please logout and close the web page when you are done with your registration.
- During the registration process you will be asked to provide contact names.
At least one of the contacts for your company must be an authorized representative of your company. This person has to have authority to sign contracts on behalf of your company.
You can designate yourself or others and you can provide multiple authorized representative contacts.
Authorized representatives represent and warrant that they have the authority to legally bind the company and execute agreements on behalf of the company.
Contract related Questions
- When Dell sees a potential business opportunity with your company we will send an authorized representative an email with instructions how to sign contracts in the Dell Supplier Portal.
This is as easy as logging in, viewing or printing a PDF file and then hitting the Accept button. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the documents.
Designation of an authorized representative in the Dell Supplier Portal means your company has expressly consented to execute agreements solely by electronic transmission.
- Some Internet Explorer 7 users experience this problem. Please try the following steps:
- Open Internet Explorer 7 window.
- Click on the Tools menu, located at the top of your Internet Explorer window. When the drop-down menu appears, select the Manage Add-ons choice. A sub-menu will now appear to the right. Click on the option labelled Enable or Disable Add-ons....
- The Manage Add-ons window should appear. In the drop-down menu Show please change to option Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer.
- Find "Adobe PDF" in the list and check that in settings it is ENABLED.
- Not at this moment. However we will email you the contract that was signed as file attachments, and you can print it at the time of signature.
- The contracts you signed will be emailed to your mailbox at the moment you hit the Accept button.
In case you lose your copy of the contracts, or are having problems finding them in your mailbox, please do not hesitate to contact Dell for assistance.
- If you disagree to contract terms or conditions you have the option to reject a Dell contract presented on the Dell Supplier Portal.
You can do this by clicking on the Reject button and then provide a reason for rejecting.
- Unfortunately not. Each contract needs to be signed using the Dell Supplier Portal as it is without any changes, comments or other modifications.
If you disagree or wish to negotiate your contract terms with Dell please contact your Dell General Procurement contact person.
In that case please Reject the standard Dell contract terms in Dell Supplier Portal.
Please understand that this will slow down the Dell internal review and approval process. In a worst-case scenario, Dell might decide not to do business with your company.
- Yes this is possible. But only a person authorized to sign contracts on behalf of your company can do this.
You can forward the email which you received from Dell to a colleague that is an authorized representative of your company.
He or she can use the email to login to the Dell Supplier Portal and sign contracts under the following conditions:
- he or she has a registered user account on the Dell Supplier Portal
- that user account is associated to your company’s Supplier Profile
- that user is an authorized representative in your Supplier Profile
- No. Only authorized representatives can sign contracts on behalf of your company.
This person must have authority to legally bind the company and execute agreements on behalf of the company and attest to the same.
- Yes. When someone registers your company’s Supplier Profile they can also provide contact information about themselves and their colleagues, managers, CEO, account receivables, etc.
These contacts help Dell to be more effective when communicating with your company.
Dell will not use contact details for marketing activities but only for business contact activities.
Please note that if any of those individuals asks to be removed, Dell will honor their request and remove them from the Dell Supplier Portal.
If you wish to be removed from the Dell Supplier Portal please contact Dell or alternatively you can remove yourself as well.